Recovering Compensation When A Defective Auto Part Caused Your Injury
Defective auto parts can lead to serious consequences if left unchecked. If a car’s brakes fail, the results could be deadly. Even an airbag not performing properly in a crash could be disastrous. It is essential for drivers and car owners to pay close attention to their vehicles to ensure that any defective parts are identified and replaced quickly. Checking for recalls might help before an accident happens.
If you are injured in an auto accident, retaining the vehicle is necessary so that it can be checked for defects. If a defect caused your trauma, a personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation by filing a product liability claim against the part’s maker, manufacturer and others.
What Parts in an Auto Can Fail and Cause a Serious Collision?
There are a number of ways that a failed part in your auto can end up causing an injury accident, including the following:
- Brakes – A car’s brakes are the most important safety feature on a vehicle, and any malfunction or failure can lead to a serious auto accident.
- Tires – Defective tires can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, leading to dangerous driving situations. Unbalanced or worn-out tires can also increase the chance of an auto accident.
- Steering – Malfunctioning steering components may result in difficulty controlling the car and could potentially lead to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Suspension – Faulty suspension parts can reduce the ability of drivers to handle bumps and curves, increasing the risk of an accident occurring due to loss of control of the vehicle.
- Accelerator – An accelerator that sticks can result in the driver being unable to control the speed of their auto, resulting in an accident.
How an Injury Lawyer Can Help Recover Compensation for a Defective Auto Part Accident
If an accident was caused by a defective car part, the injured party may be entitled to compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages and emotional distress. An experienced injury lawyer can help you file the necessary paperwork and build a case against the responsible parties to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
A knowledgeable attorney will also be able to better determine if the car part was genuinely defective and if the manufacturer should be held accountable. They can also help negotiate with insurance companies, allowing you to receive a fair settlement for your injuries and damages.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident caused by a defective auto part, contact an experienced injury lawyer immediately to discuss your case and explore your legal options. An attorney can help you better understand the situation and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Diaz Law Firm: Defending Injured People’s Rights
The Diaz Law Firm can handle any personal injury case related to compensation. Feel free to contact our office at 601-607-3456 or 800-459-2222 to schedule an appointment. Contact us online as well. Our free consultation will let you know about your options for recovering damages, answer any questions you may have and review your case.