You may be able to handle a minor injury accident in Mississippi yourself. If the injury puts you in a hospital and leads to high medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering, you might consider hiring a lawyer to handle your case to obtain the compensation you deserve. An experienced Mississippi traffic accident lawyer will be familiar with the laws in your state and can help you determine if you are entitled to compensation.
How an Injury Lawyer Handles Your Auto Accident Case
Your attorney can investigate the car crash, collect evidence, and ensure that any settlement offers you receive reflect the full extent of your losses due to the accident. Your lawyer can also fight for a fair settlement from insurance companies or litigate your case in court if necessary.
Gathering the Evidence to Support Your Auto Accident Claim
A Mississippi car accident lawyer will work hard to gather the evidence that proves your claim. This may include:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Examining police reports and medical records
- Investigating the scene of the crash for signs of negligence or fault
- Collecting expert testimony from medical professionals or other experts
- Obtaining video footage of the accident, if available
- Evaluating your damages by looking at lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- Your attorney can also help you determine any future losses associated with the car accident.
What Types Of Damages Can You Recover After a Car Accident in Mississippi?
Your auto accident lawyer can explain the types of compensation you may be entitled to, depending on the facts of your case and Mississippi law. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship or consortium for a spouse.
Your lawyer can also help you determine if punitive damages are available in your situation.
When You Need A Lawyer Experienced in Handling Car Accident Cases in Mississippi
If you have been in a car accident in Mississippi, it is important to contact a qualified attorney who can help you with the legal aspects of your case. A lawyer will advise what steps must be taken and how to protect your rights. They can review insurance policies, negotiate settlements, and represent you if needed in court. While you have up to three years to file, it’s best to start as soon as possible so that you can preserve evidence and witness testimony.
The Diaz Law Firm: Auto Accident Lawyers
At the Diaz Law Firm, our Mississippi car accident attorneys have decades of experience representing those who have been injured in collisions caused by negligent drivers. If you have a case you would like to have reviewed to see if you can recover compensation, please contact us online or by phone at (601) 607-3456 or 800-459-2222. We can also be reached online. Call us today to discuss your potential case with one of our team members. Unless we successfully settle your case, we will not charge you.