Each year, thousands of people in the United States are injured or killed in truck accidents. In fact, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were over 4,000 fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2019 alone. Mississippi truck accident injuries can be devastating, both physically and financially. If you suffered injuries in a trucking accident in Mississippi, it is important to understand your rights and seek compensation for your injuries.
Causes of Mississippi Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents happen for a number of reasons, including driver negligence, equipment failure, and poor road conditions. However, some common causes of truck accidents in Mississippi include:
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers are often required to work long hours and travel long distances, which can lead to driver fatigue and increase the risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving: Just like any other driver, truck drivers can also become distracted behind the wheel, leading to accidents.
- Improper loading or securing of cargo: When cargo is not loaded or secured properly, it can shift during transit and cause the truck to become off-balance, leading to accidents.
- Speeding: Due to their large size and weight, trucks need more time and distance to come to a complete stop. Speeding reduces this reaction time and increases the risk of accidents.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Accidents can result in a wide range of Mississippi truck accident injuries, from minor bruises and cuts to severe and life-altering injuries. Some common injuries seen in truck accident cases include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns
In addition to these physical injuries, victims of truck accidents may also suffer from emotional trauma and financial strain due to medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
Seeking Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries in Mississippi
If you or a loved one has suffered Mississippi truck accident injuries, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. This can include:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past and future medical expenses related to the truck accident, including hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and other treatments.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from returning to work or result in a loss of income, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the truck accident.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you may be eligible for compensation for repair or replacement costs.
Why You Need a Mississippi Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident cases can be complex and often involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, trucking company, and insurance companies. Having an experienced trucking accident lawyer on your side is important to ensure your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
A skilled lawyer will be able to investigate cases involving the Mississippi truck accident injuries, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. They can also help you navigate the legal process and meet all deadlines and requirements. The statute of limitation to file in Mississippi is three years, but evidence and witnesses can be lost in that time.
Contact a Mississippi Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Mississippi, do not hesitate to seek legal help. Our team of experienced truck accident lawyers at the Diaz Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims of truck accidents fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact us for a free case review at 601-607-3456 or at 800-459-2222. You can also reach us online.