What Types of Accidents Are Considered a Personal Injury?
Personal injury can refer to a wide variety of accidents and trauma, including but not limited to those caused by the negligence of another party. An injury may also occur due to an intentional act. The one thing all personal injuries have in common is that the injured party may place a claim to recover the cost of their medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering with the assistance of a Mississippi accident lawyer. The injured party has three years in which to file a claim.
Types of Injury Accidents Where Compensation May Be Recovered
Many people think of car accidents when the term personal injury comes to mind. However, an injury can occur in a variety of ways that can result in a claim being placed such as the following:
- Traffic accidents: Any accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicyclists or pedestrians falls under this category.
- Slip and fall accidents: Any incident that results in an individual slipping or tripping and hurting themselves due to a hazardous condition on someone else’s property can be compensated in a personal injury claim.
- Medical malpractice: Any type of medical error or negligence that causes injury or death to a patient is fodder for a claim.
- Nursing home abuse: Physical, emotional, psychological or financial abuse suffered by a nursing home resident is considered a personal injury.
- Product liability: Any injury caused by a defective product such as an item with dangerous design flaws or inadequate instructions, including drugs and medical devices can lead to a claim.
- Dog bites: An injury caused by a dog bite or resulting from the attack of an animal can be compensated.
- Wrongful death: Compensation can be claimed for any death caused by the negligent, reckless or intentional act of another.
- Assault and battery: Any intentional physical attack against another person can be the reason for a personal injury claim.
- Maritime accidents: Injuries on a boat, ship, vessel or other watercraft such as jet skis can lead to a claim.
- Common carrier accidents: Compensation is recoverable in any type of accident or injury in an aircraft, train or bus.
- Workplace Injuries: Any type of injury suffered by an employee while on the job that is outside the range of workers’ compensation claims might be open to a personal injury case.
How an Injury Lawyer Can Assist You in Recovering Compensation
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, an injury lawyer can help. They will advocate for your rights, deal with the insurer on your behalf and represent you in court to help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. An accident lawyer can also provide legal advice and guidance throughout the claims process. Whether you are seeking financial recovery for medical expenses or lost wages or you are seeking justice for pain and suffering, an injury lawyer can help.
Diaz Law Firm: Personal Injury Lawyers
Diaz Law Firm and their experienced personal injury lawyers can help those injured by negligent drivers or other entities. We can be reached by telephone at (601) 607-3456 locally here in Madison, Louisiana, or 800-459-2222. You can also contact us online for free advice about your case and to find out whether you can claim compensation. Please do not hesitate to contact our lawyers if you have any questions about your potential case. No fee is charged unless we successfully resolve your case.